My Blog List

Thursday, 25 March 2010

House Music

As the title suggests, we had the Inter-house Music competition today. My house, Cedars, won last year! However, this year we weren't so lucky. We sort of came third......out of three.....BUT on the bright side, it was an amazing competition. We got to miss periods 4 and 5 (Basketball and English!! Not that I don't enjoy English, it's just I don't like this particular lesson, because it's directly after P.E. and I'm just never in the mood. And I hate basketball!) and instead, we performed - which is great fun in itself - and watched the other houses perform.

Cedars House Choir sang 'Bohemian Rhapsody' which was a nice contrast to the 'Friends' theme we did last year. The orchestra/ensemble performed 'The Flintstones Theme'. I was in both of those. Then our lower school solo was an amazing saxophonist. Our upper school solo was Eleanor (In my year, was in my class last year so we're pretty good friends) singing 'Maybe' from 'Annie' and she was accompanied by my best friend Rachel, on the piano, who suffers severe stage fright but performed amazingly despite this (even if she won't admit she was brilliant). Our sixth form solo was by Stevie who sang and played the piano - it was her own composition. She's amazing and should have been marked more than the mere 17/20 she was given. The musical item was from 'Wicked' and featured one of the sixth formers singing the lead solo with her face and hands painted entirely in green. You could say that was....interesting(?).

But yeah, on the whole, a good day. I love missing lessons so I can do the stuff I love.
Hugs,
Alicia xx

2 comments:

  1. Rachel says to mention that it is only when accompanying people that she suffers from this fright. She is fine when performing (for example her amazing performance to the music class). And I am going to have to agree and accept this fact. I amend my post. It should read: "who suffers from severe stage fright when accompanying people". xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my defence, I was so scared of completely messing everything up for Eleanor.

    ReplyDelete