Something sufficiently interesting has happened for me to write a blog post! :D
Sleepovers at Sophie's. Brilliant.
I'm going to start making sense now. This gibberish cannot go on without explanation.
Becca and I were invited to Sophie's yesterday afternoon to sleep over and help her paint her room. The two of us were really looking forward to it! But despite this, Sophie was still worried when we arrived that we wouldn't want to do it. After overcoming the embarrassment that was our painting clothes, we got on really well!
Sophie, being who she is, started off a little stressed because "my rollering offended her" and I made mistakes (resulting in me being sent to the dog house - theoretically) but it was all great fun! We've got tonnes of pictures of us with paint everywhere! That is not an exaggeration! Sophie accidentally gave herself a beard, deliberately gave Becca a beard and we all ended up with paint on our feet, legs, hands, arms, faces and in our hair. Surprisingly Becca ended up worst off. Probably due to the "watch" that Sophie painted onto her with a gigantic paintbrush (the watch was so large that a wire was painted up Becca's arm, connected to the mains socket on her shoulder). Oh, and I painted stripes on Becca's legs.
Mama paintbrush and Mama roller were legendary by he end of the day. They were both considerably larger than the others in their families and I was trusted with neither. Although I was allowed to have a go with mama paintbrush when we were nearly done, because I painted better with it.
The result of the day? One completely cream wall (apart from the edges which Sophie's sister will do) that we had painted two cream coats onto (the wall was originally purple but had been whitewashed before we arrived). And a wall with it's first layer of paint (creamwash?) and a purple corner. Nobody's quite sure why the corner got missed out. Everyone was really proud and we all had to keep going up to admire our work after we'd done. Oh, and I was still in the dog house for something or other. I got blamed for everything, which was quite plainly hilarious. It was uncommon for five minutes to pass without somebody instructing me to "get in the doghouse!" but it was just a load of fun! Plus, nobody got slaughtered for anything that wasn't quite perfect! :L
In all, a great sleepover. We should paint walls more often! :L
Alicia xx
No comments:
Post a Comment