My Blog List

Thursday, 5 August 2010

Seems to have been a while since I last posted. About a week. Don't know how I managed to let a whole week go by without posting!

On Saturday, a group of us from the summer project - including Erin, Oli, Tara, Eilish, Mary, Ellen, Querida, Toby, Barney and I - went into town. We were supposed to also have Georgii and Laydell but Georgii cancelled last minute and Laydell turned up only to be called by her mother and told they were going to London to see her sister and she had to meet them at the station.

The day in town was great though. We had so many laughs. I could outline it all but I'm sure you'd get bored so I'll just mention the most funny/interesting/whatever bits plus a bit of help so it's not all out of context.
We started off in Pizza Hut and when it came to doing the bill, naturally it called that one of us (me) had to put their maths cap on. The meal was great. We kept waving at strangers walking past the window to see if they'd wave back - it works best with couples, the one whose attention we get will tap their partner and then they'll realise we're just some crazy kids.

Toby had a huge fuss about his ice cream. He wanted the refillable ice cream factory for only about £3 but nobody else had room for ice cream and it would've been unfair for us to have to wait so we wouldn't let him have one. He drew into himself and took on the role of a sulky toddler vowing to buy three McFlurrys for himself when we later went to McDonalds (which he did then do. plus a portion of chips). Which was amusing for the rest of us.

We went to Primark where we just generally mucked about. Erin, Toby and Barney had a thong fight and someone picked up a really frilly pair of knickers and suggested we buy them (50p) for Sohum as he couldn't make it. We also somehow all ended up wearing  pink sparkly shower caps with Toby in the knickers while Oli took a picture. We presently bought Sohum a shower cap too. The two "presents" were given to him on Monday and we all laughed our heads off.

Then later on we got chucked out of a clearance store. Yes, yes, it's sad. We were just finding places to go really while we chatted, and Mary suggested we go in there because she wanted to look at the hoodies (it's one of those shops with "designer" (usually fake) clothes in at really cheap prices, a £60 hoodie for only £25) and the woman at the till came over and asked us to leave her already deserted shop if we weren't looking at anything. I guess maybe we had that air of just looking, not intending to buy, but we were hardly causing a row. And she could've done with some form of custom.

That's pretty much it (without delving into the matchmaking Ellen, Eilish and I did without mentioning it to anyone).

I'd tell you about this week but I fear it'd be an anticlimax after talking about Saturday, and also I need to get the last part of my History done.

Bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment