My Blog List

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Don't you just hate it when your pc switches itself off in the middle of your coursework? yes.

I think I'm making progress with the film review. It needs totally reorganising, I need to check it through, and I need some more colloquialisms, but I think I can get there. By Tuesday. Hopefully. :/
It's difficult. More difficult than you'd think. Trying to make something sound natural, and as if it's just rolled off your tongue, and then also trying to put in all this stuff like sophisticated words, knowledge that you don't really know much about... you get what I mean. I clearly just can't write, naturally or structuredly.

Lucy and Martha's party (at Lucy's house) was great. At about 1pm, just after having my glasses fitted and while I was on my way to work at the hospital shop, I got a text from Luce. It was warning that we would be sleeping outside (in a tent, but outside nonetheless) and to bring warm clothes. Unfortunately for me, I'd packed my bag at 8 that morning and left the house for a final time at about 11.45am. So that meant I was stuck with whatever I had. Which was what I was wearing and an extra pair of tights, two pairs of socks and my pyjamas. Luckily for me I was wearing a really thick hoodie/jacket, a thinner hoodie, a blouse and a vest top. So I was pretty covered. As the night got colder I found myself wearing footless tights, adding socks, adding tights, adding more socks, adding pyjama bottoms, and realising my skirt wasn't helping so taking that off, adding a sleeping bag, adding a blanket. My top half was warm enough, my legs were just cold.

Technically we were planning on all sleeping in the compartments; there were three outer compartments and a huge middle "hallway" that we all sat in to watch the movies. When it got to about 3am and we'd finished watching however many films, we realised nobody would be warm enough in their own compartments. So there were about ten of us in one compartment and a bit (4 or 5 were in the main compartment, or partially so). We woke Becca up, because she'd crawled into a compartment on her own and would freeze. We left Chloe and Rachel in the compartment they were in, because we figured they'd keep each other warm. All in all, it wasn't too cold. If you were squished between two people. Which lucky for me I was. In the middle of the night I was *ahem* nearly suffocated by Sophie's feet, as she propped them on top of my head, but otherwise I lived just about.

In terms of sugar, we ate too much. Let's not dwell too long on that. Heroes, Quality Streets, Chocolate Orange Slices, two Cadbury's party bags, two bags of mini chocolate bars, Fruit Gums, Build-a-Burger, Cherry Gums, Teeth (vampire kind), Chocolate buttons, more chocolate, more chocolate. Oh, and we had pizzas and Doritos and salad foods with dips (peppers, cucumber, that stuff). Filmwise, we didn't do too badly. Bridget Jones' Diary which I like more or less, Morris: A life with bells on which was cute but really not brilliantly made - it took the form of a documentary almost but hey, and Dead Snow. That was the highlight of my evening! I think it's technically supposed to be scary, but it's just soooo funny. Ridiculously so. Zombie Nazis kill people in interesting ways, they fight back. We had quite a few intestines out, but it was just such a ridiculous film. If you're not squeamish (even though the blood is VERY fake) I REALLY REALLY recommend this film. Might even have been good for my film review.

I was going to talk about work yesterday, but I'm not going to take more of your time with irrelevant parts of my life you probably don't want to know.

Alicia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment