I'm really quite ashamed to say I didn't go to any form of service on Remembrance Sunday, and seeing as the Kendrick "ceremony" only involves two minutes silence during break (shamefully not even kept by a few ignorant year 12s, who walked down the maths corridor chatting without a care in the world) and nothing like the proper chapel assembly followed by Sunday Parade that was compulsory at Pangbourne College (I know, old days, let it go already) I usually feel it's my duty to at least go to church with my grandma. But no, this year was different. And really wrong of me. I don't think war is moral, and I'm pretty convinced the means can never justify the end, but for me Remembrance Day is about remembering how it went wrong, and pondering how it should be prevented, which always leads to a roundabout thought process in which I end up examining how I can be a better person.
Okay, you've had the boring personal bit now. Back to the here and now. I'm sitting in bed, in my newly rearranged room, which I am planning on painting pale blue, thinking about watching the next episode of "Mentalist" which is brilliant (not to mention the main character...) and celebrating the lack of lessons for the rest of this week. Oh yes! ***Sophie, if you are reading this, I just very consciously did not use the forbidden word that will not be mentioned by name, or even spelt out backwards***
No lessons tomorrow because it's the sixth form induction day (and evening) which means we're in own clothes, start at 9.20, finish at 2.10 (at which point a few of us are going into town to - as Lucy put it - go shopping, mooch around and eat, and go back in the evening with our wonderful parents. Yay.
Then Thursday's inset, followed by Exam Day on Friday. Good luck you hopeful year 6s. Remember, just because you're insane, doesn't mean you won't get in. I mean, look at me, none of my friends would call me normal.
I'm totally ready to watch the next episode of "Mentalist" so I don't have to contemplate how I'm going to need to do my final draft film review on Thursday.
Bye my loves
xxxxxx
hey look, a vaguely short post for once - obviously I'm learning to stem the rambling ;)
ReplyDelete