As an explanation for the title, I just got off the phone to my mum who's still, repeat still, at work, and realised I had not listened to a word she said. I'm sure I had a perfectly reasonable conversation with her, it lasted about 3 minutes, but I just don't know what about. Oh well, just a few more minutes of my life I'm destined never to remember :)
We had an interesting Biology lesson yesterday. It was second period and we had an ISA exam. Anyway, everyone was stressing about it. There'd been an assembly that meant we couldn't revise during registration. Nobody had the energy after the weekend. I was knackered from a conversation that ended at a late hour, on a certain IM service. Some of us had just had History - not the best way to be woken up first thing Monday morning. Enough said.
Anyway, about ten minutes into the lesson, we realised it was ten minutes into the lesson. And we still didn't have a teacher. Five minutes later, Sherrie was permitted to leave the room (after previously having been banned) to go and find Mrs Oliver, as it was too late for us to do our ISA anyway, we would've needed at least 50 minutes of our hour long lesson. Mrs Oliver, as it turned out, had thought she had a free period, and was sitting in the staffroom. She was most embarrassed and this - for some reason - led her to pick on people who were smiling (which we all were, because our ISA's been moved to Friday :)
Two quotes from that lesson:
1. Mrs Oliver (in a stern, vaguely threatening tone): Stop smiling so much, Leah!
(Class laughs)
2. Mrs Oliver: Ok, who can I ask a hard question? Oh, look, you're smiling, Millie, (class laughs, someone comments she's scared if we're being punished for smiling so much) so what's.....?
Ooh, this leads me onto my favourite quote ever, which I'm afraid I can only give you out of context, because I've forgotten where it came from.
Ruth, in French last year:
"Well I'm just a big jelly"
I will never forget her saying that.
And with that, which you probably didn't find in the least interesting,
goodnight xx
No comments:
Post a Comment