This time of year can be a little hectic with Maestros. Luckily my timings didn't work out too badly. Except the choir rehearsal at 10, four hours before anything else (I went home between).
Concert 1 went well. Despite Rosie and Bryony's distress at having to wear the "skirts of shame" because theirs were too short (above the knee's too short apparently :L ) everything went smoothly. Kat didn't over-stress and everyone was happy.
Seccond concert was great too. I read Ellie's politics textbook (I'm sorry, that's the sort of thing I love) and had to define democracy for Becky *cringe*
I did point out a part of Ellie's book I didn't agree with, though. It said that now, in the 21st Century, "democracy is the policy preferred by all economically developed nations" and I (rather cleverly, I feel) pointed out that China's communist, and it's definitely economically developed.
Moving away from politics, because many people are bored by it - oh no, wait, one quick one. I read one of the paragraphs describing one of the most important aspects of democracy, it said. Anyway, it basically described how in a democratic parliament, the minorities should be, and usually are, represented, so that even minority sectors of the public have their say, and it is important that people ruled by a democracy have this system implemented, or the minority peoples feel they have been betrayed by an unfair system. The entire paragraph basically put up the most amazingly practical argument for why it's so important minority parties get seats in parliament. And basically, why we should have proportional representation! I love proportional representation. I almost thought I'd ask for someone to buy the textbook for me for Christmas, then realised it might be a bit sad...
Oh, I made up with someone who I'd been really upset with today. I'd been ignoring them since Thursday, which was often very awkward, but I'd just been so upset and torn between loyalties to them and to someone else. But anyway, I finally got up the courage and found a quiet place to talk to them. And was soooo glad I did. HUUUGE weight off my shoulders I didn't know was there. I appologised for the blanking, but at the same time, I think I got across my point, and then know I meant it. Love to that person. And love and thanks to a certain other person, who basically gave me the courage to sort it. You two know who you are :)
Night xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment