My Blog List

Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Oooh, I get by with a little help from my friends Google Translate :)

Freeeennnnccchhh!
Genuinely worried for my GCSE now. It's not even funny how behind I am, and how I can't seem to do it! I'm sure French never used to be this hard. But then, that was in year 9.... life was so easy back then!
Anyway, I managed to get through my mental wall! Or that's what I think it was. I'd done my English practice paper, and my overdue History (hey, I wasn't in on Monday morning, not entirely my fault, well yeah, OK I forgot to hand it in....) and then I sat down, got out my textbook and folder and dictionary and a word document. Read the excercise and said out loud, despairingly,
"I can't do this."
But before the typical negative response I get from my brain (completely berrating me - yeah, thanks brain!) kicked in, as it usually does, I somehow managed to curb it, and get on with it. I've now produced a 267 word piece that can actually pass off as half decent French - I hope.

I haven't said much about music in ages now, have I? Ok, well since I last wrote about it all those months ago, I've discovered Amy MacDonald, Muse, Jack's Manequin, Relient K, Marina and the Diamonds and a load of others.

I'm well aware posts about school aren't particularly interesting, but I'm trying to avoid discussing my brace any more, because everyone's heard it to death. It does hurt though....
I'm on painkillers all the time (have been since I had my teeth out on Saturday) but now Daddy's worried I'll get addicted, and Andrew's being very firm that I should stop taking them soon, so I guess I'll just have to get used to them... damn.
I should thank Rachel Pegrum, though, who advised sucking on ice as an alternative to painkillers. Just to let you know, my dear, that tonight I've devoured two ice cubes, and both greatly helped, somehow. So thank you.

I'm generally quite a happy person at the moment. Having trouble getting all my schoolwork done, but I think I can blag it. Until Friday, when I'm going to Germany with school for the weekend (which I am SO EXCITED about!) so I can forget for 3 days. And concentrate on speaking as much German as humanely possible. I love being in Germany, I wish I could take my up-coming speaking C.A. out there, because there's where I speak it the best. It makes me soooo happy being there. Not sure that's an entirely rational reaction to being in another country, but hey!


I think that's it for me.
G'night xx

3 comments:

  1. see...I told you sucking ice cubes helps. And also...humanly...HUMANLY. Humanely is the act of being humane. HUMANLY is within HUMAN ability. How many times must I point this out? :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. as many times as you like, i still dont get your point dear... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't be humane when doing German. Well...you can...but it's irrelevant. Being humane has nothing to do with how you do the German. YOU MEAN HUMANLY!

    ReplyDelete