I think I've chosen quite a fitting title today. I think you'll get to see what I mean.
So, yesterday Jacob, Nancy, and their parents Rick and Jan came over for a meal and then to go to the rugby and the St. Paddy's day party. At the St. Paddy's party, we managed to lose Barney, lose Jacob, lose Toby, lose a photograph (they were doing them free in the games stall, you got a picture of yourself photoshopped into a background), Barney very nearly got beer spilled over his head (he crouched down and stood up, knocking some guy's beer on the way up and getting off lightly for it). Then we walked back to the car and there was a disgusting man peeing up against a bus shelter in plain sight and about two hundred yards from the public toilets. Ick!
Then this morning I woke up to my dad's voice:
"Alicia, you need to wake up, Kaddi's gone."
"WHAT? Again?! OK, I'm getting up"
Kaddi happens to be about the twentieth au pair we've had in the six years since we got back from living in Switzerland (long story) and most of her predecessors ran away, gave up, were fired and a few (about three) stayed until the end of their contracts.
Then on the train on the way home, Mark "borrowed" my phone (he's getting pretty good at pickpocketing :S) and as we got to Tilehurst, it was gone. Wasn't in my pockets. Wasn't in his. Definitely wasn't in Sam's, Bryony's or the other little Kendrick year seven. I was dead, the handset's worth loads (my mum got it on contract) and die Mutti made it clear if anything happened to the phone, I was dead. End of. So I stayed on 'till Pangbourne, finally having found it in my hood. That's twice I've missed Tilehurst now!
So yeah, my life's getting pretty hectic.
Love xx
I'm in your blog! Yaay! Funny entry huh?
ReplyDeleteNancy xxx