Fascinating as it is that the development of the Cold War between the USA and the USSR was affected by many events, etc. etc., I'd much rather argue my point out in class than on paper. I am completely decided on it, and yet I have to write around 8 paragraphs (3-4 sides of A4) evaluating each small aspect in detail (something I've already done in my head) and coming to a conclusion at the end. Why must we be set such pointless homeworks. Put me up against any girl in our class and I promise I could smash her point whether she's supporting the fact it was the Atom Bomb, or the Berlin Blockade, or Soviet Expansion. Whether or not I won a debate against her would be another matter, but I could easily defend my own point against anything she comes up with. Effectively what I'm doing with myself in the form of an essay.
Don't you just think the weather is beautiful? I love it. I fell asleep a little earlier today, only for an hour or so, and when I woke up the grey fog had gone and the sun was out. It's winter light, so not as colourful out there as in autumn, but still lovely. Even though my house is freezing.
I've started to think about revising for my mocks. At least, I've highlighted the subjects that need it most (History, Physics, English Lit., French) and I'll make a start on them tomorrow. Instead of wasting around an hour waiting for nothing to happen before I leave for DofE, I'll start my Physics revision notes. Looking forward to it :)
LOL
It's weird though. Usually when teachers start talking about revision, they stop setting homework. But now most of them are setting homework, and revision as part of that homework. But the task takes as long as it usually would, so you don't find yourself with enough time to revise. I get the sense they're all a little behind on the syllabus and trying to fit it in before mocks. :S
More work now. I think I'll do some English, before I can be bothered to do my last 3 History paragraphs.
Alicia xx
No comments:
Post a Comment