I get this every year, for one day, all day. They insist on hiring some guy with a massive microphone and speaker system. His voice is whining through my house... Darnit!
I decided to cover this disturbance up by rediscovering Spotify... which you have got to love, despite this new "only play songs a certain number of times" policy! I mean, seriously?
But whatever, I'm listening to Aqualung :) joy joy joy
Actually, it was the Garden Party today, so I probably ought to mention that... The performances were all fine, even Mezzos! :O
My dad took the opportunity of telling Cathy that I have a piccolo :S so I'll be expected to take that to my lesson on Thursday. Although... piccolo is really fun to play, so if I can learn to play it nicely, that'd be good...
Thursday also, Cathy will lend me her old open-holed flute, to see if I could cope with one - as I'm (probably hopefully) finally getting a silver flute in summer, and we have to decide open or closed holed... So that'll be nice. Nicer than my own anyway.
More about the Garden Party... Uh, I hung out with unusual people, as seems to be becoming customary for me. Tristan was around for a while, who I've never really had a chance to speak to much. Also David Sharman, who I don't really speak to enough either. And then just anyone I could pick up really... I don't know, I just seemed to end up with people I'd never really spoken to much. It was fun. Also Mark was around for some of the time, as were Lucy, George and Stuje. Oh, and Aaron, who's insane at the moment for some reason. He felt the need to dance about and sing... weirdly. But anything goes around me these days, if I'm perfectly honest.
I need to go, because we're going out for dinner later.
Bye xxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment