Long car journeys. I can honestly say I do not see the point. Yesterday I spent a total of over six hours in the car. Why oh why? And to think I was careless enough to finish my book before the journey back. Oops.
We were down in Devon (Exemouth, to be precise) visiting a grandmother who's far too old to come up to Purley herself. So naturally, while my parents went back to the house to help her with some bank statements and what not, stuff that she just can't keep up with. Oh, and the T.V. Freeview is wasted on her. While they went back to the house, the boys and I were dropped on the beach. It's a nice beach and I have some fond childhood memories of it. So I sat and read, occasionally raising my head to the sky and telling the boys to stop throwing sand down at me. I was underneath a ledge and was not happy to have sand in my hair. And it went all over my clothes. Grr.
I can tell you though, that the sun from the last week has had two physical effects on me - as well as affecting my mood :D - firstly, my face is totally sunburnt! It does not look nice. Darn. Secondly, and I think this is probably a much nicer effect, my hair is getting it's blonde streaks back. I didn't particularly like them last summer, but when I lost them all because of my hair cut a few months ago, I decided I did, and couldn't wait for the sun to come back. I would never dye my hair, it's just the way I am.
Then we drove back and I was forced to resort to using up text messages, so that I didn't die of boredom. We stopped off at the Elephant in Pangbourne on the way home and spent most of our time there watching whichever Lord of the Rings happened to be on last night. Oh, and also taking the mick out of it. At one point there was a girl leaning over some old guy, crying, and I said "I bet he dies" and Toby responded with "They always ruin good movies with soppy scenes" (might I point out that we were hyper from candy floss) then he died and a few minutes later yet another scene like that came on. Queue Toby: "Alicia! Not only did they ruin it by putting in one soppy scene, but they put in two! Who writes these things?" Good times, good times.
I have got to recommend something to you. I discovered this last night, while complaining that there was no veggie food in the house. "Everything's got meat in it!" My parents and brothers were eating takeaway Chinese - well, just half a crispy duck. But still. I rummaged around and found a salsa dip. I decided I wanted it. Whilst looking for some for of low fat crisps, I came across some croustads with a use by date in '08. So I figured nobody would mind if I ate them. I also added Philadelphia Light. Nice stuff. Conclusion: if you're looking for something fast and it's late, mild salsa dip with spreadable cheese and out of date croustads. Try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment