Revision. Is not bad! My sole piece of advice is to read your notes just before you go to bed the night before the exam. Things sink in well then, and I'm finding that I wake up with it all stored up. And if you do it when you're tired, you don't want to be anything else, so you can't get distracted very easily. I fell asleep reading my P.D. notes on Sunday night.
I'm not going to bore you with details of my exams though. That'd be pointless. You probably don't care.
I thought of something while I was walking home from the station today. Actually, I thought of a lot of things, you think a lot faster than you can talk.
But the main thing i thought about, was how people walk. When people walk because they need to get from A to B, and for no other reason, they tend to focus most of their attention on the ground about a metre in front of them. I surprised myself by catching myself doing it. I realised that the whole "keep your chin up" thing really does work. If you look up, and around you and make the best of the situation - perhaps you didn't want to be walking - you'll see things you would've missed otherwise.
Then I got on to thinking about targets. Typical because of the exams. I figured that personal targets should be exactly that, personal. And targets that you're forced to make in school so that your parents can read them on your reports are not true targets. Because when you make a target and have in mind someone who's going to read it, you're making the target for them and to please them. Targets should be made by you. You shouldn't have to share them with anyone because often people put their targets down low, so as not to seem bigheaded or too intelligent. Yes, there often is a problem if you seem too intelligent. Intelligence shouldn't have to be hidden, but often that's the case. Anyway, when you set yourself a target, it shouldn't be diminishing, and it shouldn't be unrealistic. If it's diminishing, and you exceed it, you'll know you cheated. And if it's unrealistic and you don't reach it, you'll end up putting yourself down. You should make a target that you believe you can achieve. Not one that you believe you can exceed. Because targets are about reaching things, and if you exceed them it should be a pleasant surprise to yourself. Not something you expected.
With enough of the deep talk now, I'm going to go read my book.
Bye xx
No comments:
Post a Comment