Summer is officially here! It was summer solstice yesterday, and it's midsummers day on the 24th. Therefore, this counts as the best part of summer. Not that it has anything to do with my birthday...TOMORROW! I'm so excited it's ridiculous. Last year, I got to the day before my birthday and didn't really care. But this year, I've been counting down for nearly two weeks. I'm so so so excited. Also, my party's on Saturday and even though I'm missing half of choir (yes, yes, I know, Kat is going to slit my throat) I'm really looking forward to it. An afternoon at the theatre with my friends followed by food and the tent (but I don't think Rachel's staying for the tent part, she has a music exam on Sunday, for which we all wish her all the best).
On the topic of choir, that reminds me why I missed it last week. It was my grade 5 theory exam starting at 10am, which meant I had to miss tennis (10-11) and then I had an audition for this thing we (my brothers and I) do at the Hexagon in summer, but no doubt you'll hear all about that during the two week course. By the time that was over, it was nearly half twelve, and we were about half an hour away from choir. That means we could've caught maybe fifteen minutes, but it wouldn't have been worth it.
Bo got me a copy of my flute solo. We're singing the Circle of Life, the broadway version, and Kat wants me to play it. At the Hexagon. I may die. Anyway, Bo also got me a CD which I am currently loading onto Barney's ipod. Let's not discus the location of mine.
I'm completely immersed in music right now! I love it! I've been playing piano almost on a constant since last Tuesday. Then I've got this concert with band next Tuesday evening. Then choir and band at the Hexagon on July 4th. Not to mention junior house music, which Becca and I are helping Sophie to organise. I feel like all my free minutes are taken up my music. I love it when this happens.
Love,
Me xx
No comments:
Post a Comment