My Blog List

Wednesday, 7 July 2010

A day off? No such thing.

It's supposed to be inset day today, which means we don't have to do any work or go into school. PAH! I have done both of those things.

I had a mini heart-attack at about seven this morning, when I realised that I was almost definitely completely sure that my English Coursework was due in for tomorrow. Usually this wouldn't be cause for concern, especially with a whole day off in which to do it. Wrong. My marked first draft, with all Mrs. Runnalls' notes and all my notes scrawled all over it, was in my locker. At school. So I sent about eightmillion texts to check the deadline really is tomorrow - which it is - and formed a plan.
1. Phone the school and see if they'll let me into my form room.
2a. If no, get a phone number for Mrs. Runnalls and ask for an extension - try not to burst into tears.
2b. If yes, go to school and get the folder, while bumping into as few teachers as possible.

They let me in. But. I bumped into my maths teacher, Miss Stacey (who I think now hates me slightly less, owing to my recent exam result) who didn't ask why I was in school, not in uniform - surprisingly - but asked how I was. Hmm...? Also, I got to see Mrs. Richardson (P.E. teacher) playing Tennis doubles with Mr. Simmonds (deputy head) and two other women I didn't recognise. Interesting way for teachers to train as good teachers....

Anyway, English Essay is calling me back to my word document.
Bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment