My Blog List

Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Good Mor-ning Eve-ry-bo-dy!

Going for the patronising school teacher good morning there. Doesn't really work, does it?
Anyway, I woke up this morning to the *ahem* refreshing sound of the damned infants in the school right by my house. I live on a hill with a road that curves round so they're technically not my 'next door' neighbours. But the school does back on to our driveway. And yes, it just so happens that they have some kind of playtime at about 9 in the morning. Brilliant.

Junior House Music yesterday was amazing. We scored 41/50, which was the highest mark -  Palmer scored something like 35 and Sidmouth got 39. Still, these close scores mean we can't relax today, because Sidmouth only need three points more than us to win the cup! Damn and blast.

So Sophie's going mental trying to think of ways we can improve. She's also killing herself because apparently you're supposed to have an instrumental soloist, and ours is a singer (Palmer got penalised for that yesterday, but they only lost one point for it so I wish Sophie would stop worrying so much!). I have great faith in our own composition today, and I have great faith that our accompanist for the choir will be better, and I also think that the solo will score at least 9. Today is definitely our better programme.

Speaking of programmes, yesterday Sidmouth's programme was written on a beach ball bat. So today we need to do something more original. But nobody's having original thoughts. Oh well.

Will tell you all how today goes,
Alicia
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment