A question I seem to be asking myself more and more frequently.
Whose idea was junior house music?
I mean, I know it might - at face value - seem like a lovely idea and all, and it might even - at face value - look like it was something that the vice house captains have effortlessly managed to put together and pull off really well. But really and truly, did the person who thought this amazing idea up consider the amount of stress they'd be putting on the vice's and their (dare I say it?) unfortunate friends? And if they considered, or even anticipated it, why did they then go ahead?
The year 8s have finally pulled together! (we are not mentioning our measly six year sevens - it's great they've actually turned up, unlike the other thirty odd year sevens in Cedars - because they've been away this last week when everything's been coming together) On Thursday and Friday I think 8A finally began to realise how hard the three of us (Sophie, Becca, me) have been working and actually started turning up to rehearsals. Friday's rehearsals were the best yet! And that's a good job, because they were the last rehearsals. Now there's nothing left for me to do, except cross my fingers that I've got enough blue ribbon to tie to the performers, and learn the piano part to "Here Comes The Sun" in case Kate Raison can't play it on Monday, because she hasn't been able to practice (I doubt there were pianos at the Isle of Wight) and learn the alto part like mad, so they don't get lost and look at me with despairing eyes like they did on Friday. Geesh that was scary!
Whose idea was the Maestros Extravaganza at the Hexagon?
Don't get me wrong, I love it. But this year....KAAAT!!!! For those of you who don't already know, Kat has asked me to play the flute solo in the middle of 'The Circle of Life'. We had an interesting choir practice today. I brought my folder, complete with all my music. And I even remembered my flute. And we ran through it, and I discovered I didn't have my solo part after all. So halfway through my solo, I gave up looking and tried to remember it. My choir are too kind to me, because at the end of the song, they were all waiting to tell me how 'oh, it was great even though you didn't have the music!' liars...or deaf people. Everyone knows very well that it was AWFUL I made half the notes up, and it did NOT sound good. But I'll have the music tomorrow. Thank the lord.
And whose idea was it for me to join Training Band?
I think it was Cathy. In which case, I love you, Cathy! I really don't know what I'd do without Friday Nights. Really I don't. They are the air that I breathe on and what get me through the week. I love going. I love the little jokes we all have about certain band members (all eyes on Anthony, Bassoonist) and the little rivalry between flutes and clarinets, and the general consensus (NEW WORD) that the flutes will always get told off for talking. But most of all, I love the break times. They are some of the best twenty (or more like fifteen, because John always finishes the first half late. Nobody expects a break on time) minutes of my entire week. So to everyone who's there on Fridays:
Thank you, for making my week bearable, Thank you, for being so great, Thank you, for just being there, and turning up, and making my evening enjoyable. I love you all xx
I think I'm done for today. And to those thinking, "oh doesn't she ramble on?" this stuff comes from the heart. so take it like a man! and yeah, if I post more regularly, I can cut down the length of my posts, so sorry I haven't posted much recently.
No comments:
Post a Comment