My Blog List

Sunday, 11 July 2010

Hello, I'm back!

Really shouldn't blog so much, but it's an alternative to facebook - and I could even say a healthy one!

Would you like to hear of my latest disaster? Of course you would, everyone loves a little drama :L
So the concert. Could have been good. Hell, it was good, it could've been great. See the probelm is, half the staff thought we were playing Pachabel's Canon first and the other half thought we were playing Pie Jesu first. I happened to ask the wrong half of the staff. Do you want to know what that means? Well, just that I had to sightread the whole of Pachabel's Canon - ON THE BASS FLUTE - with some wonderful *ahem* octave leaps. Everyone loves those octave leaps on the bass flute, hell yeah. So not only did I look a little like an idiot in my too long Victorian length skirt, and with my regular flute with me ready to play - which I didn't because it wouldn't have been fair on Bryony who would've had to sightread Pie Jesu on bass (which is almost as bad as Pachabel's), but I also played like an idiot. Oh, and my arms died of tiredness. That flute is heavy.


On a much more funny note - one that I'd like to finish on.
Halfway through the concert, a drunk managed to get in. He looked a little startled to be in a church rather than the local pub, and was dragged out by the priest - literally dragged - as he wished us all:
"Have a good evening!"
Alicia
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment