My Blog List

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Au Pairs...

Okay, so I've said I'm glad to help when we don't have an au pair. I'm glad to do some washing and ironing and hoover my own room and will continue to help clear the table and load the dishwasher - helping to get the jobs the au pair was paid to do done. But that is supposed to mean that everyone helps! I do NOT expect to be left with the entire table to clear - plates and all - something the au pair never had because my father would often quote to us kids that she "is not a slave." But then I am left, twice IN A ROW to clear the entire table, do the washing up, clear away the clean crockery, all things our au pairs are PAID to do, while my brother goes outside and charges my dad a fiver to mow the lawn. I probably won't even get my pocket money this week because they've just paid to put me on a sailing course, but they are happy to give Toby DOUBLE my usual pocket money, for doing something extra, while I do something as a matter of kindness (like TWICE doing the washing up and not even complaining - to my parent's faces - about it) for FREE and am scolded for doing something EDUCATIONAL like reading or watching the prime ministerial debate or reading my book! My brothers spend the majority of their time just playing football, wasting their lives, if you ask me. And I am SCOLDED for doing something EDUCATIONAL! What is wrong with that? They follow their current passions and interests (football and rugby) and so do I, but I  am the one SCOLDED FOR THIS! LIFE IS NOOT FAIR AT AAALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment