Okay, I'm officially worried, and it has nothing to do with my imminent (new word, don't know if that's right) haircut. Actually I had a really weird dream. First, some background:
1. Miss Stacey is my over-nice maths teacher who tries to be best friends with everyone in the class but is a real b**** and has a short temper. And hates me. Ask anyone you like. She simply does.
2. I fell asleep at the wrong end of the bed using my Pashmina and a toy dog as a pillow.
The Dream
I was in maths. Sitting next to Eleanor like I used to. For some reason, Miss Stacey decided she didn't like me so she sent me out of the room - I think I was falling asleep in class, hugging my pashmina. Anyway, she sent me out onto the front lawn yelling from the main door to the school - the one you see in the pictures - don't ask me why, it's not anywhere near the maths block,
"What school do you think you go to?"
"I used to go to Pangbourne," emphasis on used, "and I liked it there!" Emphasis on liked. I was big on emphasis. Anyway, next thing I know, Mrs Keturtsy (excuse my spelling, she's our "acting head" I think) is tapping me on the shoulder saying,
"Oh, I nearly didn't notice you there, you must've fallen asleep." THIS IS SO OUT OF CHARACTER FOR HER! It was really cold outside but I wasn't cold (something to do with falling asleep BESIDE my duvet) and I started to walk back towards the maths block and for some reason took the route through the car park. I bumped into Eleanor, who told me the story was that I'd fallen asleep hugging my scarf and Miss Stacey had stood over me with a book, yelling at me, but I'd slept on.
Then I was on the lawn again and a car pulled up. Amy Cheng (who I barely knew before she left last year but I understand she's rich as hell) got out and I saw a flash of dalek. Then Mrs Keturtsy came over with a hockey stick asking whether I'd seen any daleks. I knowingly replied,
"That car's usually the one that brings the daleks." Pointing at Amy Cheng's car, where her parents move in front of the door, stopping the dalek from getting out (astonishing me and Mrs K).
Then I was heading for Sidmouth (the staff room block) and Mrs Harrison - the receptionist - came bundling out and asked us (Rachel was still with me) whether we'd seen someone (they had a name like "Hymn" but I thought it was a boy's name - yes, our school had acquired boys-) I (for once) didn't know and Rachel said,
"I think she's over at the hall thingy."
Mrs Harrison: Hall thingy?
Rache: Yes-um, her house had a badminton tournament or something. (suddenly I could see the badminton tournament.)
Suddenly I could see Rachel's blog. It was white. It was huge. It was all to do with maths. The newest post was definitely to do with maths, though I didn't read it and it had the title "Bolt Chocolate (Currents?)" which made me think HAHA, AC, BC, DC (apparently, my brain wasn't functioning and the fact that there wasn't a CC eluded me, I thought it was funny that it went up like, A, B, D) and that's about where I woke up. I'm officially worried.
Oh, and I'm sure Mr Simmonds was in the background of some of those scenes too, which is really odd, and I'm going to put down to the fact that Rachel was there, and she's amazing at maths, and he's an amazing maths teacher.
Hmm, on reflection, I think I ought to be worried about my sanity. :S
No comments:
Post a Comment