My Blog List

Monday, 5 April 2010

This is it...

This is it. This is actually it. I have made my stand and I think I've finally been accepted on it. As a select few of my friends know, I am "very picky with meat" (apologies if this is the wrong meat/meet). The basic fact is, I've been uncomfortable with the idea of eating meat for quite a while. But my parents are totally against vegetarianism. So my initial plan was to ease them into it, by gradually refusing to eat more and more meat. But this just seemed to piss my mum off. So, on Friday, on the advice of someone whose advice always seems to work out, I just told them straight out. "I'm becoming a vegetarian". They didn't take me seriously. But over the course of the weekend I have:
turned down sausages for meat substitute sausages
turned down bacon for scrambled eggs
turned down bacon for scollups (ick)
turned down turkey for tuna stake
picked all the turkey out of my curry
and tonight, my parents finally took the hint. So, they are (very grudgingly) allowing me freedom to choose what I eat! Finally.
But yeah, anyway. I don't have to eat meat anymore.Which I am totally thrilled with.
Love xx

2 comments: