LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY ME!!!
Bumped into just the right person today! So pleased.
Walking to the station (at speed) from Alexandra Road, after my piano lesson, I bumped into Parky (I don't feel the need for a code name, as it's already a nickname). Parky gets the same train as me, sometimes, when neither one of us has activities or whatever. We talked about nothing for a while and then when we got to the station, we'd gone through scars we had, why blood goes brown (it has iron in it and iron rusts! I NEVER KNEW THAT!), washing being mixed up (not so bad for him, he's got two brothers. me on the other hand....), how we judged how fast we got to the station and um, some other crap.
At the station we got onto the subject of music, this is the great bit, and when asked what grade I was on flute, I said, truthfully,
"I'd probably be 6 by now if I could just get my theory. I actually have to take it this summer and still haven't covered everything."
Then I got the SERIOUS help I needed - and would love to think I deserve, but sadly, no. I now know why something is a diminished fifth rather than augmented fourth, and vice versa! (If it's a C and F#, because the F would be the fourth, it's augmented, if it was C and Gb, it would be diminished fifth, because G is the fifth note in the C scale!) This is brilliant, because now I can apply it to compound ones too. Great.
Then compositions.
Great advice. I'm sharing it, hope he doesn't mind, but I'll give Parky full credit right now. Parky has full credit.
You're given the first two bars. So make something up for the third and fourth (he can't really help there, just make sure it sounds OK) then repeat the first two bars as your fifth and sixth, then make something up for seventh and eighth that ends on the tonic, and preferably has the penultimate note as the fifth. Works so well. So happy to have bumped into him.
So, a big thank you to Parky for being so brilliantly amazing and for being in the right place at the right time, and recognising me without my glasses. He got very confused trying to work out if it was me or not.
So, THANK YOU PARKY.
And now I'll do the much dreaded English Coursework. Ugh.
Bye xx
No comments:
Post a Comment