My Blog List

Sunday, 30 May 2010

Revision XD

Being a 'Kendrick Girl' - as we are so keenly labelled by our teachers and parents, as if we were some sort of endangered species - is nothing to do with being clever. It isn't that we have a bigger capability to store information, or even that we are more motivated to work hard than other English students. It is nothing to do with our actual cleverness. If that's even a word. It's more to do with pretending. If you can pretend well enough, you can get by. If the teachers can't see you buckling under the stress and pressure that they impose on you, then the teachers are quite happy to believe that this stress doesn't exist. If you can pretend well enough, you can survive. And if you can pretend well enough, then the teachers will all focus on teaching you (or trying to - as preferred by Mme. Hulley) instead of focusing on making sure you're taking in what they're teaching you.

"I forget what I'm taught. I only remember what I've learnt."

My favourite poster from Mr. Detnon's R.S block/classroom. We had some interesting lessons with him. Sometimes, you learn stuff that you aren't actually taught. And that's fun.


I'm revising biology at the moment. I love biology, I think it's probably my favourite subject. Which would be why I'm revising it first. I've only got three more biology topics left.
Then there's four chemistry;
all three huge physics;
eight more rules in maths;
French writing to write;
one topic of history to put onto key points and the other two sets to read through;
four poems and a book to revise for English;
and a P.D textbook to read.

Hey! It doesn't look too bad put like that. I'm just dreading physics. Everyone knows it'll take ages.

Biology: Diet, Cholesterol & Exercise
maybe I should actually write something underneath my title now.

Bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment